Bark in the Park 2020 has gone virtual!
Join us October 1-31, 2020 for Animal Care PA’s Virtual Bark in the Park
We are celebrating our 11th year hosting this fundraising event and we are shooting for the moon! For the safety of all our participants and to reach across the ENTIRE Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, we are excited to present a virtual race platform. This is an amazing opportunity for you to help FEED and CARE for Pennsylvania animals in need so come join the FUN!
How it works:
- Register for the race (100% of your registration fee goes directly to Animal Care PA!)
- Select your distance: Choose from a 5K, 10K or 1-Mile!
- Choose your own course to run or walk. Bark in the Park does have a USATF-certified 5K course if you prefer to follow that.
- Select whether or not you want to add-on a t-shirt!
- Use the "It's Your Race" app (available on IOS & ANDROID) to automatically track your stats or upload them to the website manually upon completion of your run.
- Run or walk on your own, any time between October 1-31, 2020.
- Visit the RESULTS PAGE and upload your results before October 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- All t-shirts will be mailed to you in the beginning of November.
Participate in our Virtual Pet Costume Contest!!
Have even more fun when you and/or your pet(s) dress up in costume and participate in our virtual contest. Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 participants based on the number of “LIKES” collected.
- Entries MUST contain at least one animal; people are optional.
- Email us your photo through Bark in the Park's Facebook page or complete this form, bit.ly/SubmitCostume2020, if you do not have Facebook. Make sure you include the name of your pet(s) and what their costume is when submitting your photo. Please allow 48 hours after submission for your photo to be uploaded to the album.
- The entries with the most "LIKES" win. Get more likes by sharing with your friends and family and ask them to vote!
- All entries must be received by October 30, 2020 at 12:00 am.
- Voting will end on October 31, 2020 at 12:00 am and the winners will be announced that day.
- Medals will be awarded to top 5 entries that receive the most "LIKES" collected on Bark in the Park's Facebook album. Prizes will be mailed during the first week of November.
- NEW THIS YEAR! No purchase necessary to enter and you DO NOT need to be registered for Bark in the Park's 5K, 10K, or 1-Mile in order to participate.
- Official rules can be found here: bit.ly/2020PetCostumeContest
Prizes awarded during the first week of November
We Are Looking For Sponsors
Are you looking to make a difference in your community and help animals in need? You can do that by becoming a sponsor! Check out all sponsorship opportunities we have available! There's one for every budget!
Who Benefits From This Event?
Proceeds from this event go to fund Animal Care PA’s community-based programs that FEED and CARE for animals in need.
About Bark in the Park:
Bark in the Park, Animal Care PA's major annual fundraising event, includes a 5K run, 10K run and 1-mile dog walk as well as a pet costume contest. Proceeds benefit Animal Care PA’s 3 programs: FEED, CARE, EDUCATE. The FEED program, Henry’s Helping Paws, provides pet food for animals owned by senior citizens who struggle financially to provide for their beloved pets. The CARE program, The Last Chance, helps pay for veterinary care needed for animals owned or unowned, when funds otherwise are not available and are needed for life-saving efforts. The EDUCATE program provides scholarships to veterinary and veterinary technology students who demonstrate financial need and leadership skills.