BEST Kids is a local nonprofit organization working to empower youth in DC's foster care system, one child at a time.
Join us May 1, 2020 – May 31, 2020 for our FIRST EVER VIRTUAL Superhero 5K and Fun Run!
Due to COVID-19 we unfortunately had to cancel our annual in-person race. However, we wanted to exemplify a character trait that we try to instill in the foster care youth that we serve, and that is resilience. May is Foster Care month, and in honor of that, we will hold our virtual race during this time.
Here’s what you need to know! A virtual race is a race that can be ran or walked from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on a trail, on a treadmill, or on a track. You get to run your race at your own pace and time it yourself, all while being a Superhero!
The Fun Run distance is .5 miles and is geared towards our younger runners. Parents/Guardians should help their smaller superheros through the fun run. WE ENCOURAGE ALL RACE PARTICIPATS TO CONTINUE PRACTICING SOCIAL DISTANCING.
HOW TO PARTICPAE:
- Step 1 – REGISTER for the race
- Step 2 – Complete your race any time between May 1st and May 31st
- Step 3 – SUBMIT your time to email@example.com
Participants who complete the race will receive a digital bib, certificate of completion (downloadable), and medal.
Other ways to get involved
- SHARE our event with your friends and family throughout the country so they too can participate virtually. (NOW – May 31st)
- CREATE virtual run teams – while you may not be able to run with your team in person. You can still implement team time goals, or simply empower your friends to remain active during this time of social distancing. Feel free to come with creative themes and team names. (Now - May 31st)
- SEND us pics and videos!! We want to see how much fun you are having while completing your run. Please feel free to still wear your superhero costumes if you like. More details to come. (STARTING IN MAY)
- PARTICPATE in our fun engagement activities and contests – to be shared at a later date (STARTING IN MAY)
- INDIVUDAL FUNDRAISING - We gently encourage you to BECOME AN INDIVIDUAL if you are willing and able. No pressure here! (Now – May 31st)
We are excited about this engaging opportunity and hope you will join in on the fun. Please remember that not only does this run promote fun and health, but it is also a major contributing factor to positively impacting the youth in foster care that we serve. YOUR PARTICPATON MATTERS!
THANK YOU for helping us support our community by helping youth in DC's foster care system.